Kardia Band is FDA cleared to detect certain heart rhythms. This is a cool & unique way to monitor your heart if you have a compatible Apple Watch.
AliveCor Kardia Band
If you have a compatible Apple Watch and want to monitor your heart this is a great option.
What is Kardia Band?
It’s the first clinical grade wearable EKG that replaces your original Apple Watch band that gives you access to a 30-second EKG at anytime and anywhere. After all, you wear your Apple Watch all the time no matter where you are, assuming you have one.
How To Use KardiaBand (Video)
Here’s a brilliant short video outlining how to use Kardia Band to capture EKGs anywhere anytime:
Once you look at the above video you see how to use Kardia Band to capture EKGs anywhere anytime. It is actually quite easy to use.
How Does Kardia Band Work?
Basically you put your thumb on a special section of Kardia Band which of course is attached to your Apple Watch. This allows a medical-grade EKG to be recorded in as low as 30 seconds. You can see this in use in the video above.
What Does SmartRhythm Do
SmartRhythm monitors your heart rate and physical actively every 5 seconds. It sends a notification for you to take an EKG when it sees something that it does not expect. This is discussed in the video above.
What does Kardia Band Require?
It requires a compatible paired iPhone and a compatible Apple Watch. Both requirements must be satisfied.
Any Other Notes?
1. Kardia Band does not work with Android phones.
2. It is not tested or recommended for use with pacemakers and ICDs.
3. Ships with two band lengths to assure a perfect fit: You select one of these sizes when ordering the product.
4. Apple Watch sold separately.
5. I believe that the continuous monitoring can be turned off or turned on, on demand by you. The continuous monitoring as you would expect would be using consuming battery power which means that your battery would need to be re-charged more often.
6. Needs a Kardia premium membership/subscription: This is available via the Kardia App. I believe that the first month premium membership/subscription is included in the price which starts when you first connect to the service.
Monitor Your Heart Health Yourself Using AliveCor Kardia Band for Apple Watch
Using AliveCor KardiaBand for Apple Watch to monitor your heart health is a brilliant way to help you to manage your own heart health yourself. You do of course need to share any applicable results if any with your professional heart health team so that any other corrective actions if any are also taken.
Now I want to turn it over to you:
How are you doing to use Kardia Band yourself?
Don’t you think that this technology is amazing that people have the ability to help manage their heart in this manner? I always recommend using Kardia Band in conjunction with your professional heart team and sharing applicable results with them to help manage your heart health.
Are you going to get one to help you to manage your heart health?
Or maybe you have some questions that you want answered?
Where To Shop For Kardia Band?
Learn more about Kardia Band here.